Wednesday, March 18, 2009

This is why....

It's a good reminder of why I'm not working in a graphics business, doing advertising, painting murals or signs. And why I never followed through on the tattooing training. I'm no good at dealing with the expectations of other people when it comes to my art. To sum it up with a quote from my daughter Emily, age 4: "I want to do what I want to do!"

I pretty much hate having projects where you're attempting something and just going on a basic idea and can't read your customers mind! And they just give you a basic idea and tell you "oh anything you do will be good" Then you come up with something and it's just not it. It's just killing the creativity flow, which is making me panicky! I don't want to freeze up at this point, things are going so well!

It's funny because one piece is exactly what I do, the figures, I could whip it out quick if I had to and yet I've been procrastinating on it all day. Is it because I know it's no challenge so I'm just not interested?
I got a hell of a lot of other unartistic stuff done, things I've been putting off for months, so it's not all bad. And yet I haven't done much the last couple days on any of the art stuff. I look at them, work on ideas for the next "my stuff" pieces while I'm waiting for details on the 3 other tats lined up. But I don't feel like that's enough.

I've been pushing myself so hard this year, and it's working. I'm feeling a little too comfortable in the procrastinating arena. That hopefully is scary enough that I'm going to work on one of my pieces tomorrow night. It's a plan, If I can just pick which one!

Meanwhile I'm going to get this figure Tat done tonight, at least a rough done on it. You'd think I'd be excited about it. I was the first day, now this. I don't get it!

No comments: