Friday, February 06, 2009

more "old school style"

Heart number 1
watercolor with ink outline. 5" x 7". This is kind of old and is about the smallest I've attempted. I usually work at least 11" x 17" and lately 22" x 30".
I have a hard time working small I always want more detail than I can fit in a small space. and I admire those who can work small. Maybe that's why I haven't finished much in the way of computer graphics, I need a big screen computer!!





















Spiral
this is, of course, colored pencil 12" x 14"
This is a different version of the next one down, "Family"
I was just playing with the background, color combinations, techniques etc. It's alright but off balance. I like the figures in the corners with the "spots" something different, but I like them.





















Family
18 x 24
This is a watercolor I painted for my friends Darren and Rhonda when they got married in June 2001.
The photograph isn't that great but it's the only one that I have of it. Actually the colors are a lot more blue tones but because of the darkness of the photo this is how it turned out. Not bad. but I'd like to get another picture of it someday. I may just have to make another version, that's what I like about these no two are ever the same.



No comments: