Sunday, January 18, 2009

The Beginning

Art classes Watercolor I, II and III. Oils and acrylics I, II, and III. Though the 3rd class was more of a teachers aide sort of situation. I didn't have too much fun until the second semester when I got to pretty much experiment as much as I wanted. I got tons of encouragement from instructors Dan Petersen and Jerry Reilly. Sometimes I think I'd like to go back just to get all that beneficial critique and input from fellow artists.



Living Color. Acrylic 24 x 36
















Untitled. Acrylic 16 x 20






















Astronomy Notes. acrylic 18 x 24
(the sketch for this was done during a film in my astronomy class, hence the title!)

I don't know what I would do without the psychadelic category on Deviant Art! It seems like everything fits there, even though I don't consider myself a "psychadelic " artist!!!!

This painting won Best of Show for me one year which surprised the hell out of me because I never liked it! That year I had 8 other items that I all liked better! I won a second place in painting and a third place in drawing as well. That was a good year!

No comments: