Saturday, January 24, 2009

Collage Phase

This is something I tend to do on occasion. I have a big 4 drawer file cabinet full of references from magazines etc. Anything that catches my eye, imagination, gets thrown in, and on occasion I go through it and come up with ideas. Mostly I used it as a way of honing my skills on more realistic subject matter. I haven't done any in a while. They turn out pretty good, I think, but they don't mean as much as what comes purely out of my head.

Beauty
colored pencil 10 x 17

This is the more realistic style I've done the last few years though it's changed even from this which has a lot of symbolism in it to a more personal figurative symbolism. But this is still one of my personal favorites.



















prismacollage
colored pencil 22 x 30

This is my husbands favorite picture, It's on our fireplace, place of honor.














Prismacollage 2
colored pencil 22 x 30

This one is in the same mode as the first. On this one I've included the drawing that extends out onto the matboard. Funny thing whenever I mat something with black matboard it seems I get compelled to draw on it!


No comments: