Friday, January 16, 2009

More fun... High School





Here's where it all began. I had always wanted to be either an entomologist or a novelist. Novelist being foremost, but it was very frustrating. I always tend to emulate my favorite author of the moment, and I just knew that it would get me nowhere.
So, due to the influence of a few key people in high school art classes I got the inspiration and encouragement to try my hand at art, and that's when all this insanity started, I love it.
I started drawing people, most often from magazine photos. The few I did sans reference always had the look of the one eyed beauty in pencil here, that is until I figured out how to balance the face right. The pencil / colored pencil portrait, is me Circa 1988. That got me an Artist of the month at school. The next one: After Hours was my first attempt at realism via colored pencil. It got good reviews at the time... from then on I was hooked on art.

No comments: