Saturday, January 17, 2009

Transitional

These are the first pieces where I started to break out of the portrait mode. Started to find my own thing, so to speak.

Birds. Colored pencil 22 x 30
This was the break out picture. The first one I ever did that was completely all my idea, it's where everything else came from. It started out as a doodle on the back of my drawing pad. (History class if I remember right.)
There was an earlier version done with only a 24 color prismacolor set - classroom issued. That one was given to a friend. This one was done with the 72, before they had the 120 set!




















Birds 2. Colored pencil 11 x 14
This is kind of the second in the series, kind of ran out of inspiration with this one so it never made it to the larger size.




















Sirens
This is a big drawing 22 x 30. Colored pencil, (prismacolors, what else is there! I love them!)

No comments: